With the rise in work from home employment, you need to make sure the image you portray over Zoom and professional video calls does not leave you looking unkempt and unfashionable. The image of your work-wear should be taken just as seriously as the work itself, and dressing for success and professionalism is something you need to take into consideration for every video conference, much in the same way you would if you were attending in person.
So without further ado, here are my five key tips to dressing for a business video call:
1) Stick with classic colors like black or navy when it comes to choosing your outfits – they will look more professional during a video call than bright or overly patterned clothing.
2) Invest in some good quality, noise-cancelling headphones. They’ll block out any ambient noise and ensure you sound clear and professional.
3) Be sure to stand up straight when on camera – slouching can make you look less confident and professional.
4) Lighting is very important – be sure to position yourself in front of a bright window for your video calls, or use a professional lighting kit if you do not have a window available.
5) If you have a large, cluttered desk, get some professional-looking office organizers to keep it tidy. Clutter can make you look disorganized and unprofessional.
So no matter what type of work you’re in, dress to impress and be professional when you do a video call.
You know what’s the matter with this question? The answer is nothing. If you’re trying to get a response, it’s obvious the person you’re asking doesn’t care how you dress. There’s nothing wrong with dressing down for work – there are more important things than looking fashionable when dealing with customers and clients.
The problem with this question is that it’s not really a question – upvoting the answer will only encourage more of same kind of questions. The moderator should direct the user to use “Ask Question” instead.
A review of the answer will also show that although it has some good information, it’s completely incorrect in some parts – no windows does not mean there are no lights available and professional clothing has nothing to do with video calls.
Very incomplete answer, lacking in the most important information. [to use as knowledge, not to be copied verbatim]:
your cell phone has a camera that you can use to take pictures of presentations or demonstrations. The person viewing the pictures on his/her screen will be able to see in much better detail than if they just looked at the white board. Make sure you use a high quality camera and that your lighting is correct for the best results. Good lighting eliminates glare and shadows.